Software Technology Group has worked on robots both big and small, from legacy systems to systems designed from scratch.
STG has developed:
- Robotics for the US Geologic Survey (USGS) for scientific support of water-flow sediment analysis
- Truck manufacturing for a GE-Fanuc robot for gas tank polishing
- Created a railroad car auto welding system for welding stiffening ovals between vertical sheeting
- Created a robotic system and process for transferring generations of fruit-flies to new bar-coded containers (used for genetic testing)
- Supported numerous projects in motion control and laser or visual identification of objects
In addition, STG has been instrumental in developing autonomous air vehicles for Boing and autonomous agricultural combines for another.